The man command is a user manual which is available in most of the linux distribution. It provides a detailed document regards all the commands and configuration files. The man command displays the details about command, syntax and descriptions along with some examples. The manual page further divided into number of sections. It have description of command based on the sections. The output of the man command contains the following parameters.
1. NAME – name of the command.
2. SYNOPSIS – syntax of the command.
3. DESCRIPTION – Textual explanation of the command.
4. EXAMPLE – Example of the command
5. SEE ALSO – It displays the Author name, Copyright etc
1. Syntax for simple man command output.
# man command
2. Syntax for section wise output.
# man 8 command