In this tutorial I will show you How to disable OPcache on a VPS.
OPcache is a caching engine built into PHP. When enabled, it dramatically increases the performance of websites that utilize PHP.
What happened to XCache?
XCache will not work with PHP 7 or newer versions, so it is no longer recommended. Because of this, OPcache replaced the outdated “XCache” option which was previously available on Virtual Private Servers.
How to disable OPcache?
- Navigate to the (Panel > ‘Domains’ > ‘Manage Domains’) page.
- Locate the domain on your VPS that you wish to disable OPcache on.
- To the right of this domain, click the ‘Edit’ link under the ‘Web Hosting’ column.
- On the domain’s settings page, look under the section titled ‘Web Options’.
- UN-check the box next to ‘PHP OpCache Support’.
- Click the Change settings button to save.